Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summertime, and the Livin' is Easy...
That title is kinda catchy, maybe someone should write a song...
I thought I would post some pictures from one of our activities this summer.
This may look like a scene from White Christmas, but that there is cottonwood "stuff".
Makes me itch and sneeze just looking at it.
Dave and I discovered this place on one of our bike rides. There is a very nice trail that runs along the river. All of us, including the dogs, enjoyed the river's coolness on a hot summer day.
It was a nice outing full of wading...
Melissa with Sophie
Melissa, Sophie, Ashley and her dog Riley
and thinking.
Dave - nice legs!
Sunning and smiling...
Shelby & Laura
and sleeping...
Dave with dogs (Sophie & Riley)
followed by more wading...
hiking(sort of!)... and nature.
Isn't this dragonfly awesome?
Dave, Laura and I were returning from exploring the river when all of a sudden we heard screaming and laughing and screaming. What? We got back to our picnic area to find this dragonfly "frozen" on the chair. Nature had gotten a little too up close and personal for my brave daughter's tastes. Poor dragonfly was frozen in fear! After I took the picture I gently lifted it off the chair and it flew away. I can imagine the stories it had to tell as it returned to where ever dragonflies go after a hard day at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment