Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer?

I can't believe summer is almost gone.  In less than one month the teachers return, with the students not far behind.  I have been busily searching for the best values on curriculum and supplies, trying to stretch  budget $$ as far as possible.  Reminds me of the days I would scour the weekly grocery ads, meticulously creating lists for each store, determined to get the absolute most for my money! 

It doesn't seem quite like summer when you work the whole time.  I would happily go on a vacation somewhere; however, money and time are in short supply, so I don't see a vacation anywhere in our immediate future!  I think if I could find a swimming pool, a chaise lounge, a bottomless glass of icy lemonade and a good book I would be very satisfied!  

Our garden can be found in various pots on our patio this year. I am very pleased with the success we are having. I have eaten one cherry tomato off the vine and just picked my first zucchini!  I water my little garden everyday before I go to work.  Oh, I am just so domestic!

Dave will be away, working onsite in Wyoming for the next several months.  I am grateful he has work - no complaints here! But, I will miss him.  I know it's a temporary arrangement, and he will be home every weekend(!). I can handle this...I'm a big girl, I am! 





2 comments:

  1. So he has to stay there Mon-Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the job! Bummer about him being gone during the week. Maybe it will be like long distance dating all over again?! You'll have to create some great Friday night rendezvous...could be fun!!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete