Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time with My Man!

Yesterday I spent the day with my best friend.

Dave and I spent the night of our anniversary at the same hotel we stayed in 28 years ago.


We had dinner in the same restaurant (sans the wedge salad we had that first night as Mr. & Mrs.)

It was fun to reflect on the past 28 years and the many blessings we have received. Our six children are at the top of the list. In fact, most of our favorite memories included them.

We had breakfast the next morning at Lamb's Grill Cafe. They serve a great breakfast. I had a vegetable omelet and hash browns. If you're ever looking for a satisfying breakfast, try Lamb's Cafe on Main St., Salt Lake City.

We headed up to Park City after breakfast. It was great to get out of the depressing inversion that has settled into the Salt Lake Valley. I was glad the weather was relatively mild - I only needed a polar fleece parka as we wandered through the outlet mall in Park City.

After our day in Park City we headed back home. We decided to stop by our favorite Indian restaurant for an early dinner. The restaurant wasn't opened yet, so I popped into the women's clothing store next door to see what I could find.
I was pleasantly surprised to find a dress for the upcoming wedding of Justin & Cait!! This is a major breakthrough - I have been searching for a dress for weeks. I actually bought two of the same dress. It's a two-piece ensemble (skirt & jacket). They only had it in Petite sizes. The one size fits on top, the other size fits on bottom! Both dresses were on sale and together totaled less than anything else I have found (less than $100). One dress also cost less than a tailor would charge me to alter the larger piece. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but it's very logical in my mind! I have an acceptable dress to wear to my son's wedding, and that's all that matters!

We then enjoyed a bowl of nice warm soup and some chicken curry at the Indian restaurant next door.

We ended the evening at home, comfortable in our own bed, watching An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant.

It was a wonderful time with me and my man of 28 years. I feel so blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Mom. You should have subtly SWITCHED the outfit pieces on the hangers so you only had to buy one. duh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lambs Grill is quite tasty. Also, what restaurant? And Shelby, that is stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great anniversary! Very romantical, as we would say. Congrats on being a unique couple: aka, one that's still married.

    And it sounds like you'll look very hot on the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for buying 2 dresses! It's genius really.

    ReplyDelete