Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Days and Brownies

Today I had a very Lazy Labor Day.

I slept in until 10:00 am.
I watched more TV today than I have watched in the past six months combined:
Two (or was it three?) episodes of Bones,
The end of Never Been Kissed,
and, No Reservations.

I am in a real funk.
I feel like I am flatlined.
It hit me today during a commercial for Martha Stewart's TV show how very little creativity I am expressing right now - in any area of my life.
I can't even find something interesting to write about on my blog!

I'm not depressed, just a little empty. It's kind of like when you make brownies. You have this bowl of rich, creamy chocolate. After you've filled the pan with batter and it's tucked away in the oven, you still have the bowl (and spoon) with chocolate brownie batter on it (because no one ever puts all the brownie batter into the oven, right?!) So, what do you do? Wash it out? No! You lick that bowl and spoon until they are almost clean. And it's always kind of sad when there's no more brownie batter to lick clean! So, there you have it - I feel like a used up bowl of brownie batter! Nice. See what I mean... there's just nothing left!! I need to refill that bowl! But, how?!

Lest you think my weekend was dreary, fear not!
I did have a very fun time being silly with my girls.
I was happy that I was able to see most of my kids.
I loved being home with Dave, he takes such good care of me.
I was grateful for the time to rest.

My bowl is actually quite full, isn't it?!

How do you fill your "bowl"?

1 comment:

  1. A good question; I really had to think about this for a minute:

    Scriptures.
    An escape to a movie.
    Lunch with a daughter(s).
    Total quiet.
    Soaking in the outdoors.
    Riding the four-wheeler.
    Writing something.
    Enough sleep.
    A clean house.

    ReplyDelete