Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bliss

Sometimes I need to be nudged. Today was one of those days. A few days ago I had planned to spend all Saturday alone with Dave - we hardly see each other anymore and I felt the need to reconnect. But then I couldn't sleep last night, finally pulling myself out of bed late morning, groggy and moving very slowly. I hate waking up late, it throws off my whole day.

The sun was shining when I woke up (one nice thing about waking up later!)and Dave suggested we go for a bike ride. One part of me thought that sounded like an awesome idea. The other part of me, the lazy part that was experiencing an overdose of inertia, needed convincing.

Dave and the less-lazy part of me finally prevailed and we eventually found ourselves on a lovely bike trail along the Weber River.

I'm so glad Dave nudged me to get up and get outside. It was total bliss, a perfect combination of pleasant temp, beautiful scenery, lots of sunshine and physical exercise.


After the bike ride we got a quick sushi snack, did some shopping and went to see Life As We Know It (cute). A very good day after all! Thanks, Dave. I love you.

1 comment: