Friday, April 9, 2010

My Pilates Path


Four years ago my husband introduced me to Pilates.  You can read more about it here.  I loved it.  But a series of different life circumstances (primarily money-related... the lack of it!) required that I turn from the Pilates Path for a season.
  
Recently, I found myself back on the Pilates Path and I am loving it.  
We use equipment like this:
   Reformer Table


and this:
Pilates Chair
to exercise the muscles in the core.

A strong core supports the skeleton, which makes everything feel (and look) happy!  The exercises appear deceptively simple, but I promise the muscles are being used.  Muscles you never knew you had!  And a Pilates muscle is long and lean and strong.  

Nice.

The only downside of the Pilates Path is it is very expensive.  I am currently draining my savings for my private lessons.  But, it is worth it, as it helps with a whole host of issues (posture and headaches for starters). It is also gentle on my joints, which is getting more and more important to me!  I would love to join a group class (which would drastically cut the cost), but the only classes available that fit into my schedule are full - not surprising when there are only 5 in a class.  So, I will do the privates for as long as fiscally feasible and hope a spot opens up in one of the classes in the meantime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment